Excelsior UMC is over 125 years old on its journey.
The Excelsior UMC building before the 1998 renovation.
Our original sanctuary was built and erected in 1884 on George Street in downtown Excelsior, MN. In the mid-20th century, we purchased a parcel of land located at 881 Third Avenue in Excelsior to build a new church to accommodate our growing congregation. In 1998 we went through a building renovation to expand our classrooms and offices and create better parking facilities. Our current sanctuary has a 250-person capacity and nearly every room in our church is used for small group meetings, pastoral care, and fellowship gatherings.